Intuit Payments for WooCommerce and Intuit QuickBooks payments integrate with each other for providing a power-packed payment gateway for online stores. The setup enables the platforms to accept eChecks and credit cards while allowing the customers to save the details on the site for easy and fast checkouts in the future. The best part is that this gateway is fully supported by WooCommerce and Pre-Orders.
In this article, we will tell you how you can integrate Intuit payment gateway and deploy Intuit e-check for your WooCommerce store. If you do not want to follow the whole process and are looking for WooCommerce experts, you can directly visit WPCustomify and get support services from the experts.
Intuit Payment Gateway Integration Method
- Only US merchants can reap the benefit of Intuit Payments Gateway.
- You need an SSL certificate to guarantee credit card information security of the buyers.
- The gateway can be used only if the merchant has QuickBooks account setup. It is essential for supporting Intuit Payments.
- Note that the extension is used for processing Intuit payments and doesn’t synchronize with QuickBooks.
How to Setup and Configure Intuit Payment Gateway
- As mentioned above you need to have a QuickBooks account setup to get started with the process. The set-up is essential to run the key extensions including PHP version, SSL status, WP version, and more.
- Once the setup is ready, download and install the Intuit Payments Gateway extension
- Next step involves extension activation
- Now, go ahead with Settings configuration as in the screenshot below.
- Once you ‘Save Changes’ select your preferred application. Now you need to connect it to your online store for intuit payment.
- Select ‘Next’ as in the following screenshot and viola your setup is ready.
Finding API Keys
Register your QuickBooks Account and activate Payments API on it to make QuickBooks (Intuit) Payment API accept customer payments on the website. Most importantly, you’ll need Client Secret and Client ID for processing payment through Merchant account.
Register and Test Intuit (QuickBooks) Payment System
Testing QuickBooks (Intuit) payment gateway is crucial before you proceed to “Live Transaction”. Follow the steps below for registering a developer account (if you don’t have one).
- Get started with registering your online platform (as App) at the official website of Intuit Developer.
- First Sign in using your account credentials through this link. Create an account if you don’t have one.
- After logging in, select ‘My Apps’ tab and then select the ‘Create an App’ option as mentioned in the following screenshots.
- Next, choose your App type by clicking on ‘QuickBooks Online and Payments’.
- Now enter your App’s Name and choose ‘Payments’ as its scope (after all the App is being created for the purpose of accepting customer payments on the website).
- Once you click on ‘Create App’ you will be directed to ‘Develop your App’. Here you’ll find both Production and Development Credentials that are to be used in combination with the plugin.
- The ‘Key and OAuth’ option listed under the page’s Development Tab can be used for testing the plugin. Whereas, the ‘Key and OAuth’ option featured under the Production Tab will allow you to set API for accepting Payments.
- IMPORTANT – Keep a separate copy of Client Secret and Client ID entered on the site’s Keys & OAuth Page. These details will be needed again when you are redirected to the plugin Settings page.
- After you enter the Client Secret and Client ID in Plugin Settings Page click on ‘Connect to QuickBooks’ option. As soon as you click on this green button the plugin will be authorized for connecting to the App you created.
- To complete the plugin setup process choose the company that is to be connected with the Created App. Post this user is redirected to the main page of the website.
How to Set up E-check in Intuit plugin?
For setting intuit E-check in the plugin follow the directions listed below –
- With the ‘Enable / Disable’ option permit your customers to use the gateway for easy checkout.
- Next is the ‘Title’ section where you need to enter the payment text that you want to be displayed on the Checkout and Order Received pages.
- Use the ‘Description’ option for entering the text that will be displayed under the title on the checkout page.
- Using the ‘Tokenization’ option allows your customers to save the details of their payment mode (at checkout) for the next transaction(s).
- Next comes the ‘Share connection’ setting option – Go for it for sharing info between the credit card and eCheck gateways. It will save you from entering the credentials twice. Enter the details in your credit card settings as well.
- For the Client Secret and Client ID follow the process listed above.
- Finally, you have to set up the ‘Payments Account.’ After entering the Client Secret and Client ID you may connect to your QuickBooks account. After connecting with the platform successfully, users can ‘Disconnect’ or ‘Reconnect’ from the platform anytime as needed.
How to Capture Charges directly from WooCommerce?
Some merchants prefer setting the Intuit Payment Gateway for authorizing charges instead of capturing and authorizing them. In such cases users have to sign into the admin payment gateway for capturing charges. With this extension users have the option of capturing the old transactions. They can be authorized from the ‘Edit Order screen’ of WooCommerce. You need not to deal with the hassle of signing into the control panel for this purpose. Edit the particular order and then click on ‘Capture Charge’, and the Intuit payment gateway will capture the charges.
The Concluding Word
Intuit (QuickBooks) Payment Gateway serves as a cost-effective and handy alternative for small businesses to accept credit cards. This amazing WordPress Plugin empowers the WooCommerce plugin for accepting payments through credit card on your online platform using Intuit (QuickBooks) Merchant Account. So, start using it to let your buyers use credit cards without raising any eyebrows.