The WooCommerce eWAY extension is an ideal option for the merchants to accept card payments from their store without. It eliminates the need to redirect the customers to the partner sites for making the payment. The payment gateway easily integrates with Refunds API and Subscriptions for WooCommerce. Additionally, merchants can also receive token payments through this extension.
The WooCommerce eWAY payment gateway uses version 3.1 API of eWAY which is not only PCI compliant but also offers the benefit of 3D security. It processes the payments much faster and allows purchasers to save their card details for future reference.
Buyers with billing addresses in Singapore, Australia, Macau, and Hong Kong can reap the benefits of eWAY. So, your WooCommerce store must have it configured. Want WooCommerce support services to set up? Use this link. Otherwise, learn How to set up an eWAY payment gateway in WooCommerce by reading ahead.
- A WooCommerce version 3.5.0 website
- A verified SSL certificate
- eWAY account
- The currency in the account should be MYR, AUD, SGD, NZD, or HKD (corresponding to the nation an individual signs up for) so that you can easily receive the payment.
How eWAY Payment Gateway is a better option?
- Quick setup – eWAY can be set up in a single day (for the merchant accounts that are approved).
- Matchless data security – With this payment gateway in use the data of customers’ is completely safe as eWAY is PCI-DSS compliant.
- Customer support – The customer representatives of the platform are available 24/7 to handle relevant issues.
- No chance of fraudulent activities – eWAY has high-end fraud protection capabilities. You need not to worry about any kind of theft.
eWAY Payment Gateway Features
- It is capable of hosting flash sales instantaneously.
- Helps in generating discount coupons so that customers can get the best deals.
- Allows customers to publish product reviews on site.
- Allows Cross-Selling and Up-Selling of the products.
Which plugin is used for the eWAY Payment Gateway?
You may download using this link – https://woocommerce.com/products/eway/ .
Setting up and Configuration of eWAY Gateway
eWAY Plugin Installation
- Sign in to your WordPress account.
- Select WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and then click on “Upload Plugin” and then “Choose File” buttons. Use the downloaded file for uploading on the site.
- Now click on “Install Now” and “Activate”.
Setting up and configuration process
- Select WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > eWay
- Disable/Enable the eWAY plugin
- Select “Manage”
Setting up eWAY on the website
- Click on WooCommerce > Settings > Payments
- Select eWAY.
- Click on “Set Up/Manage” and you’ll be redirected to the settings page.
Configure the settings
- Check/Uncheck to Enable/Disable use of eWAY.
- Add “Title” in the given sandbox. Keep in mind this title will be displayed before your customers on the checkout page.
- Next add “Description” – here you can add detailed information for your purchasers.
- Now enter the “eWay Customer Password” and “eWay Customer API Key” in the given space.
- Deselect or Select the different “Allowed Card Types” – JCB, Visa, Discover, Mastercard, Diners, AmEx, Laser, Maestro, and UnionPay.
- Check the “Enable Saved Cards” box.
- Check “Enable eWay Sandbox” to test the settings before making your site available for public.
- If you want to enable troubleshooting then turn on the “Debug Mode”.
- Click on “Save changes”.
After entering the credentials the checkout gateway page will feature the credit card form where the customers can add their details for making the payment.
How many Payment methods are there in eWAY?
eWAY facilitates both customers and merchants with Direct Debit through Credit Card and Bank Account. Plus, Direct Deposit is another payment method featured on eWAY that allows customers to pay directly through their bank account.
Where can the users check eWay transaction history?
eWAY Transaction history allows the individuals to filter transaction dates ranging from a year. Run the report for every particular year if you need transaction data for multiple years. Use export option for obtaining the data in a spreadsheet. Read on to know how you can access the report –
- Sign in to your MYeWAY account
- Go to Reporting > Transaction Report
Now you can view all the transactions that have been processed on the platform. You can enhance the scope of your search using “Search Transactions”. Personalize the Duration, Start Date, End Date, Currency, and Transaction ID to filter your search. After entering all the details click on the “Search” button.
Once you are done with the above step you’ll find a detailed list of payments. You may now review and compare the details. Note that the reports can be exported in the file type of your choice. Use the “Export/Print Report” option for the same.
WooCommerce eWAY extension offers countless benefits to both customers as well as merchants. From easy checkout to secure data storing the extension can meet all your unique requirements efficiently. The best part is that it’s accessible through any device. It’s one of the top online payments solution providers indeed. Now you can accept payments anytime, anywhere.