PayPal powered by Braintree is an easier option for accepting payments. This payment gateway plugin is no different to credit card terminals where the customers are required to swipe their card to pay for their in-store shopping. It ensures that the payment info of the customer is safely and securely stored.
Integrating your website with a merchant account on PayPal powered by Braintree offers a number of benefits. The shopping cart and e-commerce partners allow users to create a provisional or trial account even with less information. After creating a merchant account users can access the payment gateway through the Control Panel of PayPal powered by Braintree. Once your application process is completed you may start receiving all the payments to the registered bank account.
It is easy to accept PayPal and credit cards alongside each other. When submitting your account application it is recommended to link your account with your current PayPal account. Alternatively, you may build a new account. In either of the ways users can easily manage their PayPal account settings/disputes.
WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Payment Gateway plugin is used for the purpose. It can be downloaded using this link.
A) Installing PayPal Checkout Plugin
- Sign in to your WordPress account
- Find ‘Plugin’ and then click on ‘Add new’
B) Setting Up And Configuring
- Go to Woo Commerce > Settings > Payments > PayPal Checkout
- Now, enable Braintree(PayPal) plugin
- Click ‘Manage’
Setting of Gateway Configuration
To set Gateway Configuration check the steps listed below –
- Check Braintree (PayPal) Gateway by ticking on ‘Enable this Gateway’ box
- From Environment’s sandbox choose ‘Production’ from the dropdown menu
- Fill Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key.
- Select ‘Save Change’
- Customize Button Shape, Button Shape, and Button Size
- Choose Pay with PayPal or PayPal CREDIT button
- Tick on Buy Now On Product Pages
- Check Enable Cart Checkout box
- Check Tokenization to enable save card on checkout option
- Select ‘Save Changes’
Check the Final Braintree PayPal Pages
Product Page of Your Website
Checkout Page and Cart Page of Your Website
h2 class=”elementor-heading-title elementor-size-default”>How to Find API and Merchant ID on PayPal Powered by Braintree?
Follow the steps to connect the plugin to your Braintree account –
- Sign in to your account
- Find the profile icon (towards the upper right corner)
- Select ‘My User’
- Click on ‘View Authorizations’
- Select ‘View’ for viewing the API keys. Alternatively, you have the option of generating a new set of API Keys.
- If you click on ‘View’ you’ll get access to Public Key, Private Key, and Merchant ID.
Braintree PayPal Gateway Settings
Enable PayPal in your account to access Braintree PayPal gateway. Go to Settings > Processing to enable customers to pay with PayPal option.
How to use a Control Panel for voiding a payment on PayPal powered by a Braintree account?
Follow the steps listed below voiding a payment –
- Sign in to your Braintree account and go to Control Panel
- Select ‘Transactions’ ( towards the upper left corner)
- Check or uncheck the options to customize date range, amount, etc.
- Next, select ‘Search’
- Look for the latest transactions
- Select payment Transaction ID ( that you want to void)
- Click Select ‘Void’ ( located towards the upper left corner of the screen)
How to activate fraud filters on your Braintree account Control Panel?
The steps listed below will help you in enabling fraud filters –
- Sign in to your PayPal powered by Braintree account
- Select the gear icon (upper right corner).
- Click on ‘Processing’
- Select the Options located next to CVV and AVS for customizing credit card fraud filters.
PayPal powered by a Braintree account not only makes it easier for merchants to accept payments but also offers multiple other benefits such as voiding payment.
With its use merchants have the ability of voiding a debit or credit card payments while the settlement is in pending. Moreover, when a user receives full approval for their Braintree account they can access fraud filters designed for combating fraudulent activities and ensuring fraud management. The filters allow users to take complete control of their online business and meet customer demands efficiently.
If you want professional assistance in PayPal powered by Braintree configuration for WooCommerce or need WooCommerce support services, contact WPCustomify.