If you wish your business to extend in Mainland China, you should most certainly prefer using the Alipay Payment gateway. Half of the entire population of China, which as we know it is the most populated country in the world, loves using Alipay to make any payment online.
Therefore, it makes sense to set up this payment method for your business shop or website if you are targeting the Chinese market. So, in this article, we will use an exclusive WooCommerce plugin – Alipay Cross Border Payment Gateway to receive payments from one of the biggest markets in the world.
WooCommerce is, first of all, an open-source platform for WordPress websites. So, if you are thinking of extending your WordPress site with eCommerce functionality, WooCommerce is the first place you should go. Now, the reason most people use this plugin is, primarily, that it is free to use, and most WordPress themes support it.
Now, moving on to the main topic with Alipay Payment Method; we advise you to use the dedicated WooCommerce extension – Alipay Cross Border Payment Gateway, to set up the payment method. So, let us discuss the steps now.
Before we jump straight into the setup procedure, let us first know what you need before you the installation:
- You need to make sure whether your WordPress theme supports WooCommerce or not. Most themes do support it, but it is a standard protocol to check.
- The other thing that you should verify is whether or not the PHP version is a minimum of 5.3. Now, with every new update, the PHP version will upgrade itself. So, you need to keep up to that, every now and then.
- Finally, you need to go to Alipay website and create an Alipay account first before you can use it on WordPress. You will need approval from Alipay Cross-Border merchants to accept payments from the Chinese market.
Though you can hire WooCommerce support to get it configured perfectly and quickly, here are the steps to install and configure the Alipay Cross Border Payment Gateway:
- The first step is to download the Alipay Cross Border Payment Gateway extension from your WooCommerce account.
- Next, to use the WooCommerce extension, you must install in the WordPress server first, and for that, you need to upload the .zip file that you have downloaded. To do that, from the WP Dashboard, hover your mouse pointer over Plugins, and then click on Add New.
- Then, at the top, you will find an option, “Upload Plugin.” Click on that, and you are able to upload a file.
- Finally, click on Install Now, which will give you the option to Activate the plugin. Do that, and it will activate the plugin for use.
- First, you need to go to the Alipay Cross Border Payment Gateway settings page. For that, while you are in the WP Dashboard, hover the mouse pointer over WooCommerce, then hover again to Settings, and click on it.
- On the next Window, you should see the option “Payment Gateways.” Once you click on that, you will get to see the options in regards to the Alipay Cross Border Payment Gateway.
- Now, since we asked you to open and verify your Alipay merchant account beforehand, you should have some of the data that the plugin requires to make it work. Then, you need to type down the “Partner ID” and “Security Code” in its respective fields and click save down below.
- The Alipay Cross Border Payment Gateway is ready to use.
The Alipay Cross Border Payment Gateway allows you to test the payment gateway for free. So, before you make your WordPress site live in the Chinese market, we advise you to do some test transactions and verify whether it is going through perfectly or not
One thing that you should know about the Alipay Cross Border Payment Gateway, it is a WooCommerce Extension, and it comes with a subscription amount. You need to pay $79.00 for a year, where you will get every update and support assistance you need. What we would like to conclude is the plugin surely serves the cause and you can seamlessly receive money for the Chinese market with very few issues.
To get Alipay Payment Gateway setup support, use this link.