Elavon which was founded in 1991 has gone on to achieve huge success in the last three decades. Elavon which is currently a subsidiary of the U.S. Bancorp is a convenient payment integrating technology that is easy to use and manage. It has the best security implementations so far.
Thousands of businesses are already powered with Elavon Converge and Fusebox, the two major payment gateway solutions provided. However, Converge is a leading gateway used by major big firms. Either of them is capable of doing major transactions in any environment including mail/telephone, Shop, mobile app, and eCommerce. But Converge can be integrated with more than 50 popular shopping carts.
- The payment is bound with end to end encryption.
- No payment data is recorded or stored anywhere in the server unless you specify.
- In the case of device damage or being lost or stolen, your payment date is safe with Elavon.
Payment Methods that Elavon Supports
Elavon agrees with the following payment methods:
- Credit and Debit Cards
- Mobile Wallets including Google Pay, Apple Pay, and others
How to Integrate Elavon Payment Methods with an Online Store?
Before we get into the process of integrating Elavon with the eCommerce Platform, having a few pre-requirements will surge a quick workflow. Here is a list of things you will require to integrate Elavon with an eCommerce site.
- An Elavon merchant account is necessary. If you don’t have it, you can contact the Elavon sales team for assistance while creating an account on Elavon.
- Hosting with SSL certificate to ensure the safety of customer’s payment information.
- Stores should have a one-Page checkout enabled.
- The store country should be either the United Kingdom or Ireland. If you are a citizen of none of them, you can still use Elavon through the MyVirtualMerchant payment gateway.
Once you have all the above things finished, you can easily integrate either of Elavon’s offered payment gateways.
Here are the steps elaborated for Elavon Converge integration.
Step 1: But the extension, download and install it.
Step 2: Create an account on Elavon if you don’t have any.
Step 3: Save the credential information and the PIN on the setting page.
That’s it. Now let the payment process.
What Plugin Used for Setup ELAVON?
Talking about the plugin, Elavon converge requires you to install Elavon Converge for WooCommerce gateway plugin which is capable of taking debit and credit cards and eCheck payments on the WooCommerce store and includes the best support of WooCommerce subscription.
Debit and Credit Card Processing
No matter where you go, the most common cashless methods of payment would include debit card payments, credit card payments and digital payments. Elavon Converge can be a great tool to simplify acceptance of these payments anywhere and anytime. We have listed below few cons of using Elavon Converge card processing:
- It provides features to fit in your customers with all the popular mobile wallets from apple pay to google pay.
- You can choose the industry-first fraud services of elavon which ensures security from any kind of online card payments.
- Elavon provides three funding options for businesses with a lot of flexibility and the customers can choose the best suited for their requirements.
How to Make a Refund with Elavon?
Elavon supports automatic refunds. Customers can process refunds directly within WooCommerce. It will save you from logging in to the merchant’s account.
However, there are two options provided for a refund. You can choose either to refund manually or via Elavon Converge Credit card. In any case, the auto refund fails, which is less likely to happen, you can choose to refund it manually.
Why choose Elavon Converge?
- Elavon Converge seamlessly operates with debit and credit card transactions.
- It displays authorization messages to customers on your preference.
- It has an option for the customers to securely store payment information for easier checkout.
- In the one-time payment, you get a WooCommerce subscription and pre-orders.
- It accepts all the major credit and debit cards, including American Express, Visa, and MasterCard.
The Elavon converge provides you with maximum control by limiting the user to a few clicks and a simple checkout process. That means you have a lot of customizations in your hand as a business owner.
Employees can make refunds directly from the WooCommerce interface rather than the traditional way of logging into the merchants’ account. Employees can make full or partial refunds as well by editing orders. If the transaction finds an issue, a transaction void will be performed as a first measure before proceeding with order cancellation.
Saving Payment Methods
Customers are provided to save multiple credit card details safely on the server for faster checkout. Taking in-depth about the servers, these are Elavon’s secure servers. Customers also have the option to mark active payment methods for even a more enhanced checkout.
Multi-currency support allows the merchant to make transactions in a currency other than their local one. The merchant will have to purchase a currency switcher to let the customers make choices.
Elavon is a master safe payment integration channel. Converge is its right hand. Although the Fusebox is equally powerful and safe, Converge is leading. Be it the refund or the checkout, eCheck processing, or tokenization, you need not worry about anything.
Want to set it up for your store but not sure about doing it on your own? No worries; leave it to experts. Talk to WPCustomify to get it done, or any Elavon/WooCommerce related support.