PayPal Checkout for WooCommerce allows online store owners to accept instant online payments through PayPal. The checkout is featured with personalized advanced Payment Buttons. This latest and PayPal extension is indeed one of its best payment methods.
When you use PayPal checkout for your store, the feel and look of the checkout page can be customized according to your unique requirements. Plus, you’ll get the complete protection from fraud and theft. The WooCommerce extension also benefits the users with real-time updates automatically. So, it is always a better idea to adopt it. Most of your customers must have PayPal too, right?
In this article, we will introduce you to PayPal properly and tell you how to enable PayPal checkout for your store. Meanwhile, you can also take expert advice and services from WPCustomify regarding this integration and other WooCommerce issues/tasks.
Features of PayPal
Advanced servers for high-end security
PayPal uses secure servers for processing the payments. It means you need not to be concerned about safety and security of sensitive info of your customers shared on checkout. PayPal Checkout allows individuals to focus more on making their business successful.
Easy to set-up
PayPal onboarding offers the added advantage of free extension facilitating the users with easy ways of setting up and using the PayPal account for the business. Just select “Setup your PayPal account” and you will not have to deal with the hassle of copy/pasting the PayPal credentials.
Seamless and Secure Checkout
PayPal comes with In-Context Express Checkout feature benefitting the buyers with speedy, seamless, and secure checkout while staying on the website. The business website provides streamline experience to the customers.
WooCommerce One Touch check out
WooCommerce PayPal Checkout comes with One Touch feature designed for seamless experience of the customers. They need not to enter card details or password for at least six months. It enhances their overall checkout experience on the site.
Direct capturing of charges in WooCommerce
The extension facilities users to maintain record of the previous transactions from the website’s Edit Order page. You’ll be saved from the extra efforts that otherwise go singing in to the PayPal account.
Personalized checkout page
With this extension in use you may ensure that the payment experience matches your brand’s unique style. The extension offers the flexibility of changing the size, layout, and color for a customized experience during the checkout process.
How to set up a PayPal checkout?
- A PayPal account (in the name of your business). If you don’t have an account you may register one at PayPal.com.
- PayPal Reference Transactions for Subscriptions. You may opt for Reference Transactions for using/selling Subscriptions at WooCommerce.
Which Plugin used for setting up PayPal Checkout?
First of all you need to download PayPal Checkout Payment Gateway for WooCommerce using this link.
Setting up and configuring WooCommerce PayPal Checkout
Here are the steps –
PayPal Checkout Plugin Installation
- Sign in to WooCommerce account
- Find ‘Plugin’ and then click on ‘Add new’
- Activate the plugin once it’s installed in your system.
- Now you need to Setup and configure
- Find WooCommerce, then click on Settings, then Payments and then on PayPal Checkout
- After Enabling the plugin and select ‘Manage’
PayPal Checkout Integration with WooCommerce
- Tick the ‘Enable PayPal Checkout’ box
- Select ‘Live’ from Environment sandbox’s dropdown menu
- Enter Live API Username, Live API Password, and Live API Signature
- Select ‘Save Changes’
- PayPal Checkout is successfully integrated with WooCommerce
- Check your final Checkout page once a product is added to the cart.
How to find the API of PayPal?
- Sign in to your PayPal account using this link.
- Click on Setting > Account access > API Access (select Update)
- Select ‘Mange API credential’
- Select show Signature, API Username, and API Password to access the API keys.
How to Customize Button on Checkout, Cart or Product Page?
Customization of Checkout Button
- Click WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > PayPal Checkout
- Select the ‘Button Settings’ to personalize Button Color, Button Shape, Button Label, Button Layout, and Button Size.
- Click ‘Save Changes’
Customizing Direct Checkout
- Tick ‘Enable Paypal Checkout On The Cart Page’ box
- Tick ‘ Configure Settings Specific to Mini-Cart’ box
- Customize the Button label, size, and layout
- Select ‘Save Changes’
Check Cart Page of your site
Personalization of Direct Checkout Page
- Tick on the ‘Checkout On Single Product’
- Select ‘Configure Settings Specific To Single Product View’
- Customize Button Label, Button Layout, and Button Size
- Select ‘Save Change’
- Check the single product page look of your website
How to Use Direct Checkout?
Direct Checkout on the Site’s Cart Page
Direct Checkout on the Site’s Single Product Page
How to set up a PayPal reference transaction for recurring payment?
Users are required to email their queries to PayPal support for enabling reference transaction
For sending Email Application
- Sign in to PayPal account
- Find Email Contact Form
- Select Business solutions as your topic
- Select PayPal payment solutions as your sub-topic
- Select PayPal Express
- Checkout as your sub-topic
Write your message in the given space. Don’t forget to add your PayPal account name and email address. Send the message.
Wait for the response.
Customize reference transaction setting
- Select WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > PayPal
- Customize the credentials
- Click on the ‘Enable PayPal Reference Transaction’ link as in the image below.
- Enable Reference transaction
Once you are done with all the above-listed steps recurring payment will be enabled for your PayPal account.
PayPal Checkout Support Subscription
Recurring payments are supported when WooCommerce Subscriptions are integrated with PayPal Checkout supports. Users can use Express Checkout when applying for Reference Transactions to enable this PayPal plugin with Checkout Subscription support.
PayPal Credit Checkout
This option is available primarily for U.S. users. It is one of the Checkout stack parts of PayPal. It allows the users to offer payment flexibility to their customers when shopping on the site. Merchants get full payment of the merchandise instantly but customers are allowed to pay for it over time.
Go to Advanced plugin settings to ‘Enable logging’ for Debug Log
You can find Logs by clicking on WooCommerce and then on System Status and lastly on Logs.
Paypal Checkout extension allows merchants to accept Credit Card, Debit Card, and PayPal. Plus, it supports payment subscription as well. The best part is that it can be set up without any hassle. Customers are benefited with Checkout directly from cart page and product page without getting redirected to third party website.