Ogone Payment Gateway or WooCommerce Ingenico is a popular plugin allowing online sellers to accept both local and international payments from their online customers. The best part is that it facilitates the customers with multiple payment options. They can choose a payment mode as per their convenience. The platform helps in improving the graph of conversions while ensuring complete satisfaction of the customers.
What is the WooCommerce Ingenico or Ogone Platform?
Ogone Platform is rebranded as WooCommerce Ingenico. The major reason behind rebranding of the platform is to highlight Ingenico (Ogone platform plugin works in integration with it). However, it is to be noted that only its name has been changed and not the features.
Ingenico comes with a wide range of versatile reporting options making it easier for merchants to manage and monitor their payments accounts without any hassles. Plus, the platform also uses a flexible approach. Merchants can customize the channels, payment modes, and functionality according to their business needs.
Why choose WooCommerce Ingenico?
- It is accepted in more than 40 international and local payment options
- It meets all the security standards as the payments are routed via its own servers
- Ingenico can be easily customized and users can add as many payment modes as required
- The payment page is customizable
- Ingenico accepts all types of Debit and Credit Cards such as Diner’s Club, MasterCard, Visa, Maestro, American Express, etc.
What countries support Ingenico?
The platform is supported in many nations including Belgium, US, Netherlands, France, Germany, Austria, United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Luxembourg.
What plugin is used to set up WooCommerce Ingenico?
PayTrace Payment Gateway plugin is used for setting up WooCommerce Ingenico. It can be downloaded using this link – https://woocommerce.com/products/ogone/.
- WooCommerce website version 3.0.0
- Merchants need to purchase the extension.
- Sign in to Ingenico platform and get your Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA) credentials.
Steps to Setting up and Configuring WooCommerce Ingenico plugin
Step 1- Sign in to your WordPress account.
Step 2 – Click on WordPress admin I plugins I add new I upload plugin I choose a file. Select the downloaded zip file. Next, select install now I activate to enable the extension.
Setting up the plugin
- Click on WooCommerce I Settings I Payments > WooCommerce Ingenico
- Select “Enable plugin” and then press “Manage” button
Configuring the plugin
Step 1 – Sign in to Ingenico account
Step 2 – Click on Configuration I Technical Information I Global Security Parameters. Now, set SHA-256 as the platform’s Hash algorithm. Now, scroll down to the page’s bottom and select “Save”.
Step 3 – Select Configuration I Technical Information I Data and Origin Verification. Now add “URL of the merchant page containing the payment form that will call the page: order standard.asap” in the given sandbox. Next, fill in “SHA-IN passphrase”. Lastly, click on “Save”.
Step 4 – Click on Configuration I Technical Information I Transaction Feedback. Tick the checkbox related to receiving redirection related transaction feedback parameters later on (check image).
Step 5 – Go to “Direct HTTP server-to-server request” and select “No request” as the “Timing of the request”.
Step 6 – Next, on the same page you’ll find the “Dynamic e-Commerce parameters” section. Check the “Selected” list and make sure it has NCERROR, COMPLUS, STATUS, PAYID, and ORDERID.
Note – The customers who have already purchased WooCommerce Ingenico plugin but failed to add COMPLUS in the “Setting” may find a notification (on the admin page) for setting configuration within WooCommerce Ingenico. Once you configure the setting click on “Complete” (which is there on the notification). These steps are crucial to ensure uninterrupted processing of credit cards.
Step 7 – On scrolling down the page (towards Transaction Feedback) you’ll find the “Security for request parameters” section with SHA-OUT passphrase mentioned under it. Add a phrase in the box of your choice. Finally, click on “Save”.
Customize Ingenico (Ogone Platform) Extension
After completing customization of Ingenico settings (back office) Sign in to your Ingenico dashboard for configuring the plugin. You may customize all the elements listed on the page including the ones highlighted below –
- Check or uncheck “Ingenico (Ogone Platform)” box – Enabling the payment gateway will allow the customers to use it during the checkout process.
- “Testing” – Select “Yes” from the dropdown list if you want to add the test feature in your account. You may add a “No” here as well if you have already planned to make your site public and accept the payments from customers.
- “Title” – Fill in the “Title” in the given box. Keep in mind this title will be displayed before your customers on the checkout page.
- “Description” – here you can add detailed information for your purchasers.
- “Ingenico PSPID” – Add the PSPID sourced from your Ingenico account. The PSPID should be different from testing mode and live mode.
- “SHA-IN” – Fill in the SHA-IN passcode created during account configuration in the step mentioned above in Step 3 above.
- “SHA-OUT” – Add SHA-OUT passcode created during account configuration in the step mentioned above in Step 7 above.
- “Template Page” – Add a URL similar to the one on your site’s server.
- “Debug Mode” – This option should be enabled only if you are facing any problem with WooCommerce Ingenico plugin.
Integrating your WooCommerce online shop with Ingenico (Ogone Platform) will make things easier for you. From accepting payments through credit card to ensuring complete security of your customers’ sensitive data the advanced servers of Ingenious will meet all your unique business requirements (related to payments particularly) efficiently. Hire WooCommerce experts if you are sceptical about doing it on your own.